Help Desk

Filter Bar not working with Calendar Month Grid AJAX

I’m having an issue where my Filter Bar filters have stopped working in the monthly calendar grid view. You can view my implementation here:

http://avalon.dance/events/month/

The problem i’m experiencing is that when you choose a filter the on change event triggers, but the filter is not applied. If you manually reload (refresh) the browser AFTER the filter has been selected the filter works. It also work with the onchange event when you remove the filter once it’s been applied using the manual “reload”.

I have already tried disabling my custom plugin and replacing my custom theme with the TwentySeventeen theme but I get the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Thanks Jamie. To reproduce the issue you can do the following:

1) Go to: http://avalon.dance/events/month/

2) Select the ‘The Avalon Ballroom’ under ‘Location’

3) You’ll see the AJAX spinner load, but the items on the calendar do not get filtered, but the URL will update.

4) Click the refresh/reload button in your browser. Now the calendar will be filtered.

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I’ll let you know when we have been able to resolve this issue on our end.

Let me know if anything else comes up!

Hey Jamie it’s been a few weeks and I have a client project that is waiting on this fix to be able to be launched. Is there any status update on this? I assume they verified the issue? It seems like a pretty critical one since basically the filter product doesn’t work as expected.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for checking in.  We have been able to verify the issue and I have logged a bug report for this issue.

However I unfortunately do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved.

Thank you for your patience in this process.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime