Help Desk

Filter Bar Not Displaying Results for Custom Field

I have created several custom fields for my site with the Filter Bar. I have Events Planner Pro. All events have been imported via CSV. for some reason, one field when chosen in Filter bar, displays no results. And of course there should be results.

How to resolve this?

Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for reaching out again here!

You can also use Additional Fields to display your custom fields in Filter Bar:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-filter-bar/#additional-fields

Please note that if none of your events have this field selected, then the field will not appear.

Are you seeing this filter appear under Events Settings < Filters?

Can you provide me with a link where you are seeing this issue?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Liz,

Thanks for doing that, I see what you mean.

Can you take a screenshot of how you have that additional field set up with Filter Bar on the backend, so I can try to replicate things on my end?

In addition, there are a number of mixed content error messages appearing in the console, so I would recommend installing and configuring a plugin, like this one, in order to resolve those errors.

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately we cannot log in to your site per our Support Policy, but I will do my best to assist you here.

Can you perform a quick test for me?

If you reload the page, with a specific School Name filter enabled, does filtering work as expected?

Let me know what you find out!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Liz,

Thanks so much for going through all of that testing.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Liz,

I completely understand your frustration and appreciate your patience in this process.  We will do our best to get this out to you in a timely fashion, although I unfortunately cannot provide an ETA at this time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Liz,

One other thing you can try is to create the values so that they are one word, without a space.  So for example, Evergreen, instead of Evergreen High School.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately that is where the bug lies.  So for now, the workaround (as you have already figured out) is to create one-word fields.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime