filter bar issue – hides content in mobile view

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar filter bar issue – hides content in mobile view

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tony
    Participant

Hi there, I’m having a problem with the filter bar. Previously we were running the site with just the calendar and calendar pro – worked fine. Just added the filter bar and experiencing problems with mobile screen view. Basically once the filter is in place and the screen adjusts to mobile view (by pulling in the browser window, but also on an Android phone) the entire main content area of the events page listing disappears. In other words it is impossible to view the filtered content, or indeed any content with the filter in place.

I re-created the site in a test area and removed all plugins save those of events calendar and also changed the theme to 2014. Cleared the cache, but the problem remains. Here is a link so you can see the problem:

Events

Have had to remove the filter altogether from the main website as it prevents mobile users accessing the events page at all.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Many thanks,

Susan

Hunter

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear about the conflict. I visited the link and did experience the behavior you described. I’m unfortunately unable to reproduce the issue using the default WP Twenty Sixteen theme and only our plugins activated.

Can you respond back with your System Information as a private reply? Additionally, please confirm you’ve reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide.

Thank you and I look forward to getting this resolved with you. Have a great day 🙂

tony
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Welcome back,

Thanks for sharing the System Information with me. Do you have the ability to test on a local environment (not live server) to see if you’re able to replicate the issue?

I’ve brought this thread to the attention of my fellow support team members to see if they have any insight to the issue. Reply back with your findings if possible and I’ll keep you updated as well.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

tony
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Susan,

After a bit more investigating, would you mind adding the following CSS snippet to your theme’s style.css and let me know if it works:

.tribe-events-list.tribe-events-photo #tribe-events-photo-events {
    opacity: 1;
    }

Keep me updated and enjoy the remainder of your day.

tony
    Participant

Hi there Hunter. Have inserted the snippet into css files of both my custom theme and also the 2015 theme. In neither case does it solve the problem.

As this problem plainly doesn’t seem to be anything to do with my custom theme, I am re-activating this again on the url I provided you with, which is the development site as I need to do some more work on it. If you need me to go back to the 2015 theme for any reason, or you would like access details so you can figure out what the problem is with the filter plugin purchased, please let me know.

Susan

Hunter

Hey Susan,

After some discussion with my fellow support team members, we’ve decided to include this support thread to a few related bugs we’ve got logged in regards to the performance of our Filterbar plugin when viewing on smaller screen sizes.

I wish I had a clear-cut solution for you right now but unfortunately do not. Hang tight and keep an eye on your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com/blog for update information. Thanks for choosing PRO and working with me on this issue. Have a good rest of your week!

tony
    Participant

Hi Hunter, thanks for your reply. So, do I understand what you’re saying – that you have no solution at the moment but hopefully will in future? If that is the case, then we have purchased a plugin (under licence for a year) that we are unable to use at all – we can’t install it on our website as it results in the whole of the events page not being available to mobile users. It is not a case of just the filter not working for mobile users. For this reason we have not been able to use the filter since purchase and only have it running on a test site. On this basis can we have our money back please until such point as the problem has been resolved?

Susan

Hunter

Hey Susan,

I wish I had a more positive answer but at this time, I don’t have a solution/snippet that would remedy the situation until we have a permanent fix. With that said, so long as the Filter Bar purchase was within ~30 days, we’ll gladly refund the full amount. To request a refund, please visit our Contact page and we’ll get it going for you.

Again, my sincerest apologies I can’t be of more assistance and thanks for the patience and understanding. Have a good one 🙂

Rich Berardi
    Participant

I am having the same issue. On mobile (iPhone 6 here) if I turn on “Show Filters” the website disappears – nothing but a long scrolling white screen! I was just able to reproduce on desktop by shrinking the window!!! I have had to disable filter bar on our live site.

You can see the issue on our staging site:
    http://georgiancourt.staging.wpengine.com/events/

Hunter

Hi Rich,

Would you mind opening a separate topic in regards to your issue as it helps expedite the process? Thanks for understanding and have a good rest of your week 🙂

tony
    Participant

Hi Hunter – have been absent for a week so only just picked up your last email. Re requesting a refund – I have gone to the contact page but which of the dropdown items should I choose – it is not clear at all. We are just about out of our 30 days now so need to act fast as this plugin is completely useless for us until it is fixed so important we get our money back. Thanks. Susan

Hunter

Hey Susan,

We recently moved our refund form to our Refunds page. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best of luck with your project!

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘filter bar issue – hides content in mobile view’ is closed to new replies.