Filter Bar autocomplete not working with sub-categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar autocomplete not working with sub-categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kari Turunen
    Participant

Hi,

the filter bar add-on autocomplete field type is not working with sub-categories. Chosen starts the search from the beginning of the string and as there is    with sub-categories in the option it does not work.

I think easiest way to fix this would be to change filter-scripts.js line 109 from

$( ".tribe-events-filter-autocomplete .chosen-dropdown" ).chosen( {no_results_text: no_results_text, width: "100%", display_selected_options: false} );

to

$( ".tribe-events-filter-autocomplete .chosen-dropdown" ).chosen( {no_results_text: no_results_text, width: "100%", display_selected_options: false, search_contains: true} );

as setting ‘search_contains’ to true allows searching from the middle of the string, so the &nsbp;-tags are ignored. “Setting this option to true allows matches starting from anywhere within a word.” http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/options.html or the option output should be changed to ”  Word” as Chosen starts searching from the beginning of the word.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for picking this up.

I tested it out and see what you mean. I will write a bug report to get this resolved.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I just wanted to update you.

We have a bug fix for this and it should be included in the next release.

We will update this ticket once we have more information.

I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar autocomplete not working with sub-categories’ is closed to new replies.