Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Freddy
    Participant

This is an amazing add-on and I really look forward to the next updates and functions. I just wanted to “follow” this discussion, sorry for me not contributing 😉

Targeted Victory
    Participant

This is a great plugin and I’m really enjoying working with it! Seconding (thirding?) a couple of requests:
    1. Attendee names on the tickets, not just the purchaser.
    2. Customization of the pdf output that doesn’t require modifying core plugin files.
    3. Ticket holder name on the attendees list.

For 2 and 3, I’ve modified the core plugin files and had to make a lot of notes so I won’t forget when it is time to update. We are using WooTickets for a convention, definitely interested in seeing what we’ll be able to do when the conference plugin is available.

Cristina
    Targeted Victory

Barry

Thanks for all the feedback guys – it should ultimately help us to strengthen this product.

Customization of the pdf output that doesn’t require modifying core plugin files.

While not straightforward, exactly, I believe it is possible to do this without modifying core plugin code. It definitely could and probably should be easier, though.

David
    Participant

I’m selling tickets for an event and I have 2 ticket types: Adult, Child. For the event I have a max of 100 tickets to sell whether they are adults or children. Right now I can specify an inventory per ticket type, but I’d rather set an inventory per event. Does that make sense?

Philippe Braun
    Participant

I may have missed these, but here are two things I haven’t found just yet in WooTicket, which I think would be of great use to many using it:
    1) new payment method “on the premises”. Our client also sells tickets on his premises, and needs a way to have “local”/”cash” payments enabled for this. Obviously only employees of his should be able to use this payment method.
    2) reduced pricing. Our client would like to be able to sell reduced-price tickets for a) his own employees and possibly somewhere down the raod also to preferred guests. This also means that these prices should only be visible and selectable for certain logged-in users.

Also, an idea for this forum: ability to +1 or thumbsup or whatever for suggestions one would also like to have.

Barry

Right now I can specify an inventory per ticket type, but I’d rather set an inventory per event. Does that make sense?

David: this makes perfect sense and echoes a feature request we received quite early on – thanks for posting though, it’s a strong indication that this is something lots of users desire.

Our client also sells tickets on his premises, and needs a way to have “local”/”cash” payments enabled for this.

Phillipe: that makes sense, but this is one of the areas where I suspect you’d need to look at WooCommerce for a suitable payment mode. The actual transaction processing is handled by that plugin rather than WooTickets.

Our client would like to be able to sell reduced-price tickets for a) his own employees and possibly somewhere down the raod also to preferred guests. This also means that these prices should only be visible and selectable for certain logged-in users.

So this one is a bit trickier, but again I suspect the process you’d need to implement would be pretty much the same as if you were doing this for any WooCommerce product.

It’s worthy of further exploration, though, for sure.

Also, an idea for this forum: ability to +1 or thumbsup or whatever for suggestions one would also like to have.

There are some changes pending to improve the forum as there are currently quite a few limitations. I’ll add a note to our issue tracker that you’d like to see this, no guarantees though 🙂

Philippe Braun
    Participant

Barry, thanks a lot for your comments.
    I’m fully aware that these two features probably belong in the WooCommerce category, not WooTicket. However, it would still be very nice for me and, I guess, for many others as well, if such things were enabled and handled by WooTicket by default, instead of having to set up new categories of users, and new payment gateways only visible and usable by these users, or find, buy and install additional WooCommerce plugins (or default to Event Espresso).
    Other things we’re currently investigating WooCommerce-side:
    automatic sales reports – once per month, all future events
    automatic sales report – the minute a tickets end sale date/time is reached, a detailed sales report for this event is sent to the events organiser, so they don’t have to crawl through some filtered WooCommerce listing view.

Barry

However, it would still be very nice for me and, I guess, for many others as well, if such things were enabled and handled by WooTicket by default

That’s a completely fair point and I’ll take note of your comments so the team can review them.

Alex
    Participant

It’s nice that it treats the events in wootickets as products, but I can’t get the built in product variations, the product addons plugin or gravity form products addon to show like on a standard product. This is huge for what I need to do and a pretty basic feature of woocommerce products.. I might even be willing to pay a little for this functionality.

Barry

Hi Alex: can you give an indication of how you plan on using product addons – it would just help us to get some context into this.

Alex
    Participant

sure, say for instance on a regular woo commerce product I could have an event that was a product, and then within that event product page I could use the gravity woo addon or the add ons plugin to have a checkbox for ‘would you like printed handbook for the event’ for an additional fee that they could add when the click add to cart, like the belt buckle here http://d.pr/i/FDCx. OR just the ablity to have multiple options like tshirt sizes that are built into woocommerce. So you could pick the event student ticket, and then say I want ‘track 1’ or ‘track 2’, etc

Barry

Right, makes sense. Thanks – definitely seems like a sound idea to me 🙂

Roger
    Participant

Backing up Philippe’s earlier point about the limited support for recurring events.

For our client, it’s crucial – they run many Events that occur at multiple venues on different days. Am just realising how many repeated events / tickets we’ll have to ask them to manually create.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-at-multiple-venues-multiple-days/

Would be nice to know if you guys have a decision / timeline on this, or whether we should leave the client using an external solution (Eventbrite).

Barry

Thanks Roger, we don’t have a timeline – right now we’re logging these issues and at some point we’ll assess them and see what we can realistically build in to the next release, partly based on the amount of demand for a given feature – so it’s great to see people taking the time to add their support for something.

Jenny
    Participant

Hey Barry,

Just wondering if you guys have any more info about the release date of Event Cal/Pro 3.0? I’m running into the sluggish admin back-end that these guys described (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-admin-loading-slowly-in-backend/, https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ongoing-mysql-query-causing-extremely-slow-site-urgent-issue/) and it would be super if I could give the clients an idea of when this might be resolved, since it’s not really an issue I can troubleshoot myself.

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!’ is closed to new replies.