Events not importing/Page ID's not listed.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not importing/Page ID's not listed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Finn
    Participant

I installed the Facebook Events add-on 1.0.3 and Events Calendar 2.0.10. I was able to implement my app ID and secret successfully, and added public fb page ID’s to import under the settings page (Just the ID itself, one per line). They’re not importing through the ID’s either on a set interval or manually, and on the “Import FB Events” panel the ID’s I entered into settings aren’t listed. Instead, it reads:

“Events from :
    does not have any Facebook events”

It repeats for the amount of FB ID’s I’ve entered, but without any ID information.

I tried this on two separate WP installs, 3.4.2 and 3.5 and got the same results. I also tried deactivating plugins.

Any Thoughts? Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Finn,

What is the FB page or account you are trying to import from? Can you provide an FB event ID or two for me to test? What type of Facebook account are you trying to import from? It will not work from a group.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Finn
    Participant

Hey Jonah,
    Thanks for the quick response! One of the pages is: http://www.facebook.com/BerlinNightclub

Here are a few of the event ID’s:

When I try to add those ID’s I get this message:
    “Either the event with ID 423364961069174 does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API”

All of the events are from a page and are public events.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Finn,

Thanks for all the info. Do any of these events have any sort of restriction, age or other?

– Jonah

Finn
    Participant

Jonah,

Thanks for the help. They are 21+ events.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Finn, that is likely the problem. Unfortunately at this point in time there is nothing that can be done about importing 21+ events. Can you try removing that restriction on an event or two to see if they import?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Finn
    Participant

Jonah,
    I created some non-21 y/o events and they’re importing just fine. Thanks for the help. For reference, is this a limitation of the Facebook API or a limitation of the plugin?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Finn,

I’m not sure and I checked with one of our developers and he isn’t sure either. This has cropped up before for other users so I’m going to create a ticket to have it looked at. No guarantees when or if it will get done but at least now it will be on the plate. Sorry I can’t give you more now.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not importing/Page ID's not listed.’ is closed to new replies.