events csv import:Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator events csv import:Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hi – I get this error message when trying to import csv of events –

Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons

but NOT when I import events or organisers. Bug maybe? Unlikely to be a conflict given that the other types of import are fine?

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi,
    same problem here.

I have try to upload CSV-File to media – but same problem without success.
    However, this also seems to be not a problem of TEC, but from WordPress, because I try to upload this file on development environment without installing TEC-plugins and having only installed theme twenty seventeen.

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

Sally Richardson
    Participant

It is just very odd that the csv file for venues and organisers is accepted for upload without any problem, but not the events file. Actually the latter does have html tags within the content – perhaps that is the problem, now that I think about it further in terms of what the difference might be. I will test.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Yes – that was the reason. Now to find out what changed…..will report back here in case anyone has same problem ever…

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi
    just have found:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/this-file-type-is-not-permitted/

“With the upgrade to WordPress 4.7.1, some non-image files fail to upload on certain server setups. This will be fixed in 4.7.2, see the Trac ticket.”

Disable Real MIME Check

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hans-Gerd. Reason: work around for problem
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hans-Gerd.
    Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hans-Gerd, you are a superstar! You saved the day! Thanks!

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

🙂

Hunter

Hello to all 🙂

I can confirm Hans-Gerd’s reports (thank you, Sir!) – this is a known issue from WordPress itself rather than our plugins. I’ll close this thread out, but please feel free to create a new one if you have any more questions or concerns. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘events csv import:Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.’ is closed to new replies.