Help Desk

Eventbrite importer – max 50 events

Hi There,

I got the notification about the eventbrite tickets importer. I am trying to set it up but noticed that it only allows a maximum of 50 event imports. We have about 75 events at one time. Is it possible to increase the allowed number of events?

Thanks

Hi, Sarah. I confirmed with our development team that thisĀ is a current limitation, but we already have it logged as an enhancement.

My understanding is that it’s something on our end the way we integrate with Eventbrite’s latest API, so they’ll look into it.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once this enhancement has been released. I cannot guarantee if or when it will be released, as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Hi There,

Do you have any update on when this will be fixed? I can still only import 50 events.

Being realistic, I would guess months at the earliest.

This reply has been marked as private.

My understanding is that either Eventbrite Tickets’ API changed or we’re using the same API as before but in a different way…

…and…

Eventbrite uses a special pagination API process which we do not yet have support for.

Thus, I’m guessing their pagination API defaults to 50.

I’m guessing on part of this because only the italicized portion is direct from our developer.

Thanks for your — and your client’s — understanding and patience.

Hi There,

Any update on this one? Are you any closer to fixing this? I am literally desperate for this as we have about 100 events in eventbrite.

Thanks

Sarah

Sarah, sorry no news yet. I pinged our development planning team to give them a heads up that you’re desperate for it.

A workaround could be to use the prior version of the Eventbrite Tickets plugin instead of using Event Aggregator as the importer for Eventbrite.

Is that an option for you?

Hi Cliff,
    Thanks for the update. From memory the old version was no good. I don’t think it updates existing events or something.
    At the moment I am going between 2 plugins – the events calendar one and the Xylus themes one. For any events outside of the 50 events limit I use xylus and import one by one with the event id. For any within the 50 limit I use the events calendar. But its a bit of a nightmare co-ordinating the two.
    OK I’ll just wait.
    Thanks

Understood – we’ve nudged the team about this again. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Hi There,

Sorry to be a pest. Any development on this issue? Its just that we are heading into our busy event season (spring) so would really like to be able to import more than 50 events. Still having to use 2 different plugins to manage the imports.

Thanks

Sarah

It’s currently scheduled for a near-term release but we do not guarantee release dates or provide ongoing status updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi There,

How are you going with this one? Still can only import 50 events.
    I am really in the tick of our main event season and I am still trying to manage 100+ events using 2 different importer plugins which is causing a lot of headaches.
    Are you any closer to releasing this update?
    I am getting pretty desperate.

Thanks!!

Sarah

I understand this is important to your site. It’s been discussed quite a bit internally and there’s talk about it being tackled in the next 1-3 updates (i.e. months). However, part of the discussion is determining the priority among the other tickets the development team is juggling.

I definitely gave them another nudge how important this is to you.