Help Desk

Event Aggregator Facebook Token expired and won't renew

My imports were working just fine, and then stopped. When I realized that new events weren’t importing automatically and investigated, I noticed the message “Your Events Aggregator Facebook Token expired about 3 weeks ago.” and a link to “Renew your Event Aggregator Facebook Token”. When I click on the link it takes me to a window that appears to connect the Event Aggregator to Facebook, but there the process stalls and the little cursor spinny wheel just keeps on spinning. I have let it spin for an hour and no result, and I’ve done this multiple times, and on two different browsers.

I am only trying to import from one Facebook page, automatically every evening at 6:30, and this is the sole source of my events calendar, so this is a huge problem for me! It says it is doing the import every day, but 0 new imports, and since it only goes back 7 imports, I can only say that it’s been at least a week since events were actually importing over successfully.

Hey Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

To get started, could you please let us know what happens when you try to connect to Facebook using an incognito window? We’ve seen users in the past reporting that specific browser extensions can cause this problem and connecting to Facebook via incognito solved it.

If you can connect to Facebook via incognito, could you please let us know what is the browser you are using and what are the extensions you have installed? We are trying to specify which one is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Patricia

Yes, I have tried it in incognito in Firefox and got the same issue, it just stalled. Previously I tried through Firefox and then Safari and got the same response. I have no Firefox extensions added/turned on.

Correct Answer

Hi Amanda,

I was able to reproduce the exact same error while having Tracking Protection enabled on Firefox.

On Firefox, please open the Preferences page and head over to Privacy & Security menu.

In the Tracking Protection section, please make sure that you have it enabled only on private windows and that you are sending the “Do Not Track” signal only when using Tracking Protection (screenshot here).

After this change, please access your site normally (not in an incognito window) and try to connect to Facebook again: everything should be working as expected now.

Let me know if these steps helped you to solve the problem!

Thanks,

Patricia

Thanks Patricia, that did indeed work. So I’m guessing that I need to leave that tracking on in order for the Facebook import to occur as scheduled, is that correct? Not crazy about that if correct. 🙁

Hi Amanda,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to connect to Facebook now!

Answering your question, no, you don’t need to keep the Tracking Protection disabled in order to import events because the entire process is made by our server and sent directly to your site. You’ll just have to disable it every 3 months (when your connection with Facebook expires again) 🙂

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Hi Amanda,

One more thing I forgot to mention: I’ve opened an internal bug report regarding this problem so our developers can investigate/possibly fix it.

You will be contacted as soon as we have more information on this.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Great, thanks so much Patricia! I appreciate your help.

Hi Amanda,

You are welcome 🙂 If you need an assistance again or have other concerns, please feel free to open up a new thread, we’ll be more than happy to help you!

Cheers,

Patricia

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.