Customize the Filter Bar Plugin's Category Default Option "Select"

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Customize the Filter Bar Plugin's Category Default Option "Select"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stephenschildbach
    Participant

Is there a way to copy tribe-filter.class.php to my theme and change the default dropdown option “Select” to “All Events” without having to make this change directly in the native plugin files? If there is a correct file path to do this, I haven’t figured it out yet.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

The only files that can be moved and edited are the templates in the view directory.

It is not possible to move any other files to edit them. You can edit files in a plugin, but it is not recommended as they will be overwritten.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks.

stephenschildbach
    Participant

Is there a way to write a function that would change the text “Select” to “All Events” in the file tribe-filter.class.php (line 178). Or, am I stuck with it saying “Select”. If I am stuck, my not as good solution is having a category for the events that says “All Events”. If this is my only way to accomplish having a selection for “All Events”, then I have another question. Is there a way to have every event be saved under the default category “All Events”? I wouldn’t want to have to force the users to check that every time they make a new event. People would surely forget.

Brian
    Keymaster

That text is using the translation functions of WordPress.

So you could modify this snippet and add it to your functions.php to just change that text.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/3e99e93e41f05a72cf6c

You will want to change this:

$domain, ‘tribe-events-calendar’

to this:

$domain, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’

Then just change the search for text and what you would like to replace it with following the comments in the snippet.

This should get you close, but you might have to play around with it to get it to work.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

stephenschildbach
    Participant

Thank you so much Brian! That worked. At first I thought is wasn’t working because of a spelling error you made — “viewr”. Ha! You all at Tribe have made a fantastic plugin and my client and I are so happy with what it can do.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ha, yeah spelling is not by greatest talent 🙂

Fixed that typo though for future reference.

Glad it helps and glad you like our plugins!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize the Filter Bar Plugin's Category Default Option "Select"’ is closed to new replies.