Correct order of updates in staging site

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Correct order of updates in staging site

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ilkka.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I have just opened a staging site. At the moment i am curious to know in which order i should make the updates. Because i do not have license key in my staging server. So i have a update for Event ticket core and event tickets plus, which one i should update first as i have to update the Tickets plus manually?

Or does it matter?

Thanks.

Talei Goater
    Participant

Hola Iikka,

I have exactly the same question. I’ve pushed mydomain.com to mydomain.staging.com (via WP Engine) and can’t make any automatic updates.

Would be so great if Events Calendar (their full suite of plugins) recognised the staging aspect of things. When maintaining/updating the site, I guess everything has to be done manually? Would love a faster, more streamlined process (eg one license of production, one license for staging), with automatic updates across each.

Adding my two cents because like you, would love to hear if anyone has a solution to this issue (which plugins to update first and/or if it matters).

Thanks for raising it! 🙂

Courtney

Hi Ikka and Talei

As you are updating a staging site, I do believe it won’t matter too much on the order. Just to be sure, start with our free plugins hosted on WordPress.org before updating the premium plugins. That looks like updating The Events Calendar or Event Tickets before others.

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17357218-add-staging-wpengine-com-to-allowed-dev-sites is a feature request for additional staging support. We do have a ticket as well to implement this, but have no known dates on when that could happen. Leave a comment on that UserVoice request and we will be sure to notify you when it is available.

Please let me know how the updates go. I’m so glad you are at least doing this on a staging site first.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe i was not clear enough:

I have events tickets plus and to get it working i need to have the event tickets normal version as well.

Should i update the normal version first or the premium version? Or the opposite?

thanks.

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Ilkka

Please update Event Tickets first, then Event Tickets Plus.

In Using One License for Live and Dev Sites https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/, we do specify which domain structures that we currently support for staging sites. 

If your site doesn’t match the criteria, you can still use the plugin.  You will need to manually run updates, the license may not register (or you could register it there while building and later Move Your License Key https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-your-license-keys/.  If you need to contact support during that time, please manually send in your System Info.

You can request a discount at support [at] theeventscalendar [.] com.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Correct order of updates in staging site’ is closed to new replies.