Changing month does not keep the selected category as filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Changing month does not keep the selected category as filter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob van der Panne
    Participant

Hi there!

When having selected a category as filter and changing to the next month the filter will disappear. I would like to keep the selected filters when changing to the next month.

I believe it is possible to change the href setting for next and previous month in functions/template-tags/month.php, however this does not really do anything for me as I am not able to move this to my child theme (as far as I know).

Line 255: $html = '<a data-month="' . $date . '" href="' . esc_url( $url ) . '" rel="prev"><span>&laquo;</span> ' . $text . ' </a>';
    Line 277: $html = '<a data-month="' . $date . '" href="' . esc_url( $url ) . '" rel="next">' . $text . ' <span>&raquo;</span></a>';

I was wondering if there is any other way to make sure my filters will still be selected when changing to next or previous month, of if it is possible to move functions/template-tags/month.php to my child theme?

Also I would like to get to know how I can get the selected category so I can paste it behind esc_url( $url ) to keep the filters when changing to the next or previous month.

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

As a first step, I would recommend taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you how to safely copy and edit our templates and views in order to work with your child theme:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Also, just to confirm, are you saying that your Filter Bar filters do not carry over to the following month?  This is something that should work right out of the box, I have just confirmed this on my site.  If you are seeing this issue, I’d love to help you look into it further.

If so, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing month does not keep the selected category as filter’ is closed to new replies.