Help Desk

Bad interaction between Community Events and Nofollow plugin

• Topics: 2

(development website HTTP auth: username bbuzzdev, password 97493ef4)

I’m using the Community Events plugin and was experiencing a bug with the “Schedule More Events” button. I deactivated a bunch of other plugins and reactivated them one by one, and found that the problem is an interaction with this plugin which I’m using to handle “follow/nofollow” links on the events that people submit: https://en-au.wordpress.org/plugins/external-links-nofollow-open-in-new-tab-favicon/ (the specific functionality I need is to nofollow external links on the events pages by default, while allowing me to whitelist specific domains that are ok to link to.)

When that plugin is activated, I get the following errors in the JavaScript console when the “schedule multiple events” button is clicked:

events-recurrence.js?ver=4.4.32:770 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined
        at Object.my.update_rule_recurrence_text (events-recurrence.js?ver=4.4.32:770)
        at HTMLInputElement.my.event.weekdays_changed (events-recurrence.js?ver=4.4.32:1099)
        at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2)
        at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)

The relevant lines of TEC Community Events’ javascript seem to be:

var end_type  = $rule.find( '[data-field="end-type"] option:selected' ).val();
    end_type = end_type.toLowerCase().replace( ' ', '-' );

(the second one of those being the one with the error)

That’s about as far as I was able to dig, but I am guessing there’s a bad interaction between the two plugins. I’ve also raised a ticket with the other plugin author (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-breaks-the-events-calendar-javascript/) but was hoping you’d be able to take a look from your side too.

Are you able to help me?

Hi flaxdigital,

I’m sorry about this issue, thanks for reporting it!

I have managed to recreate the issue. I also opened an internal bugticket for this, so our developers can take a look at it.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras