Attendees list for an event loads extremely slow (Staging and Prod environment)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees list for an event loads extremely slow (Staging and Prod environment)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    luke taaffe
    Participant

Hi,

I am dealing with an issue where the attendees list for an event loads extremely slow (1.5+ minutes).
    This only happens on our staging. and prod environments, as on my local environment it loads normally as you would expect.

I created a dummy event with no information, 1 ticket and purchased that ticket so there is only 1 attendee.
    Both my local and staging environments do have several hundred events.

I have added this snippet into the functions.php but it doesn’t have any effect.

add_filter( ‘tribe_tickets_attendees_admin_expire’, ‘custom_tickets_attendees_expire’ );

add_filter( ‘tribe_tickets_attendees_expire’, ‘custom_tickets_attendees_expire’ );
    function custom_tickets_attendees_expire () {
    return 0;
    }

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

Are your staging and prod environments on the same hosting plan? I noticed your PHP version is 5.6.37 – which one is on your local environment?

Did you try to rule out a potential conflict? In order to do so, please deactivate all other plugins and try to load your attendees list again. Then switch to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) to see if that makes a difference. Please refer to our our documentation about Testing for conflicts before doing anything.

Could you also enable WP_DEBUG (https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress) and WP_DEBUG_LOG (https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG_LOG) ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

luke taaffe
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I have spent a few hours carefully disabling all plugins apart from the remaining ones that were required”
    Events Calendar, Events calendar Pro, Event tickets, Event tickets Plus and Woocommerce.

This still did not fix the issue, I then tried updating WooCommerce to the latest version 3.3.5 -> 3.4.5, which also did not fix the problem leaving all of the remaining plugins at the latest versions.

From here i changed to 2017 theme, which didn’t fix the issue.

On my local machine i change the PHP version from 7.2.9 to 5.6 to match the staging and prod environments but it was still loading the attendees list fine, which rules out the PHP version being the issue.

I added debug_log but there is still no log so i’m guessing there are no errors.

For now i will have to add the php execution time to a number high enough so that it doesn’t time out, at least my client can then view the list after it takes several minutes to load. Do you know the exact script I would have to put this in for it to work?

And what are my remaining options? Could it be to do with my server provider and what should i ask them?

Regards

Luke.

luke taaffe
    Participant

I have found that the woocommerce DB needed to be updated which was causing the hanging.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

I’m glad you managed to solve your problem by updating the WooCommerce DB!

I’m going to close this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have further concerns.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees list for an event loads extremely slow (Staging and Prod environment)’ is closed to new replies.