Help Desk

Attendee Data editor plugin – not working

Hi Guys,

So we are having an issue where some of the attendees for our events are coming through without any data. We have to call them to find out the details and then enter it in. This is as per an old thread – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-missing-attendee-details-in-completed-purchase/

Soo… we installed your Attendee Data Editor plugin as recommended (thank you) and this worked really well… however… with all the updates, I think this little plugin has been left out in the cold and all we see when we click edit is the save button and nothing else ๐Ÿ™
    Please could you be so kind as to update this so we can update a bit of a backlog… we have a 6000 participant event coming up and are stressing just a little that some of the data is missing and we cant enter it …. pleeeease help ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you

Hi Paula,

I’m sorry that you are running into this issue! You are correct that that extension is not compatible with the current versions ๐Ÿ™ sorry for the bad news there!

While we try our best to offer and maintain these extensions to provide some extra functionality when we can, they are not actively maintained and supported as our paid plugins are. However, I know that there are several users like yourself who have been requesting an update to this particular extension, and we are working on getting an update released. Unfortunately I don’t have a timeline as to when this might come out, but I will check with our developers on Monday to see if I can get a status update for you.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is causing! If you prefer, you can downgrade to the last versions that the extension does work with:ย Event Tickets 4.5.7 andย Event Tickets Plus 4.5.6.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear from our developers.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer, I look forward to the response from the devs today ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Jennifer, Have you heard anything further on this from the developers? Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Paula

I had the same problem just now and successfully found a workaround.

Here are the steps you need to do.

First, open the file plugins/attendee-data-editor/src/Main.php.
    Then go to line 137 (or nearby), find the following snippet:

foreach ( Tribe__Tickets__Tickets_View::instance()->get_event_attendees_by_order( $event_id ) as $order ) {

and replace it with:

foreach ( Tribe__Tickets__Tickets_View::instance()->get_event_attendees_by_order( $event_id, null, true ) as $order ) {

Save the file.

Next, create a new file: /tribe-events/tickets-plus/orders-edit-meta.php, and add the following snippet.

`

meta();

// if ( $meta->meta_enabled( $ticket->ID ) ) {
    ?>
    <div class="tribe-event-tickets-plus-meta" id="tribe-event-tickets-plus-meta-ID ); ?>” data-ticket-id=”ID ); ?>”>

get_meta_fields_by_ticket( $ticket->ID );
    foreach ( $meta_fields as $field ) {
    echo $field->render( $attendee[‘attendee_id’] );
    }
    ?>

<?php // }
    `

NOTE: I am using Event Tickets 4.6.3.1 and Event Tickets Plus 4.6.2. If you’re using a different version of the plugin, grab the content of orders-edit-meta.php from plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/tickets-plus/orders-edit-meta.php and comment the LAST line AND the following line:

if ( $meta-&gt;meta_enabled( $ticket-&gt;ID ) ) {

Hope it helps!

Sorry, the comment editor messed up the code snippet. Just copy the content of plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/tickets-plus/orders-edit-meta.php to the file in your theme, and comment the two lines I mentioned.

Thank you JB, I have forwarded to our lovely developer and will let you know how she goes implementing this ๐Ÿ™‚

Really appreciate the fast communication on this!!

@jb1987 Thanks so much! That worked beautifully.

The only thing that was a struggle for me was if there were a ton of attendee detail entries they continued off the screen and did not scroll.

Working for us too… thank you SO much, this has really helped us out heaps!!

Thanks for sharing that solution @jb1987! We are working on getting the official version updated, tested, and released, so as soon as that is out, we’ll post an update here.

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.