Help Desk

admin-ajax.php?paged=2

Hi folks,

I’m using the filter bar and when I select a category and try to move to the next page I’m getting “admin-ajax.php?paged=2” in the URL bar and it returns with a “0” on the page content.

I can’t see any conflicts and I’ve done the usual remove all plugins and such.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey Simon!

Sorry that you’re having an issue with the filter bar. I will try and help figure out what the problem is.

I’ve taken a look at the Events Calendar page on your site, and it looks like the filter bar is not working at all. I don’t see any errors in the console until I try to pick a date or search for a keyword. You are using the latest version of both TEC and the filter bar plugin, so that’s not the issue.

You say you tried disabling all other plugins. That’s a great first step in trying to track down the problem. Have you tried switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme to see if that changes anything? Before diving in too deep, I’d like to rule out any conflicts with your theme.

Also, are you using a caching plugin by chance? Sometimes caching or minifying javascript files can cause issues with ajax functionality.

Thanks,
    Sky

Hi Sky,

I’ve disabled all plugins and switched theme, as my first port of call. Still no joy.

I’m not seeing any JS errors in my console either…

Simon,

OK, for the next step, can you enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG for your site? See this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG for instructions.

After you have enabled the WP_DEBUG flags, navigate to your Events Calendar page, and try using a few of the features of the filter bar, perhaps even reloading the page in between each feature.

After doing this, there should be a “debug.log” file in your site’s wp-content folder. Can you paste the contents of that file here so I can take a look at it? There may be some clues as to what the problem is in there.

Thanks,
    Sky

Hey,

Just done that, there was a single php error for register sidebar which I fixed (forgot to declare an ID)

No other errors at all :S

Simon,

Thank you for looking at that. I’m sorry that didn’t yield any information for us to use in solving this problem.

Could you try one more thing for me? Can you flush your permalinks by just visiting http://stage4.clientden.com/wp-admin/options-permalink.php?

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Sky

This reply has been marked as private.

OK I have the filterbar working. But the pagination doesn’t work.

If you visit http://stage4.clientden.com/whats-on/ then select comedy when try to navigate to page 2 it doesn’t bring the params from the filter across.

I’ve tried it with wp-pagenavi (which returns 0) and this snippet:

` ‘%_%’,
    ‘format’ => ‘?tribe_paged=%#%’,
    ‘prev_next’ => true,
    ‘prev_text’ => (‘«’),
    ‘next_text’ => (‘»’)

); ?>
    `

Thanks

Simon,

It is behaving slightly differently for me than before, but the ajax is still breaking somewhere. In order to proceed in troubleshooting this, I need to be able to reproduce the bug with the default Twenty Seventeen theme and all other plugins disabled.

You will need to create a staging install, or if your site is not “live” yet, switch themes, disable plugins, and let me take a look at it.

Let me know if this is something you will be able to do.

Thanks,
    Sky

I’ve had to settle on the default navigation unfortunately.

There is one other filterbar issue. The time filter doesn’t seem to work. If I select all day then a few all day events come up but morning, evening etc.. nothing shows. Am I missing something?

Simon,

Since you have reverted the site back, I am again experiencing the ajax issues that prevent the filter bar from working properly. I would need to look at the site with Twenty Seventeen theme and other plugins disabled to be able to verify if something is not working as it should.

Thanks,
    Sky

It’s working with the category filter and pagination and it also works for all day events.

The ajax issue is just for morning/afternoon/evening events then?

The time filter does not work on default theme with plugins deactivated.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/time-filters-are-not-working/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/we-are-having-the-same-issue/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/time-filter-not-working-2/

By the looks of these threads the time filter simply doesn’t work. So do you have a fix or is it something you’re planning to address?

Simon,

There is indeed a ticket open for a similar issue. The good news is that means the developers are aware of the issue and working on a fix. The bad news is that I can’t provide a timeframe for when the fix will be released.

If you would like to be notified when this is fixed, could you please create a new support ticket for just that issue? Since that is a separate issue than the one that we solved here, it will let them know how many people have the issue and make it easier to notify you.

Thanks,
    Sky

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the help desk. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.

Subscribe to Updates