Help Desk

Accessibility Issue – Events Filter Plugin

Hello- There is an issue with the filter selection tick boxes having blank link attributes which is flagged as an error. In the Filter.php file on line 373 I found the link line and added – aria-label=”select” which fixed the error but what I would like to do is fill this attribute with the the the actual name of the select box.

Possible?

Thanks!

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for reaching out!

I guess that would only be possible at the moment by modifying the core file itself, which then would be overwritten with the next plugin update. So that’s not the best solution.

If you think this is an accessibility issue, then could you provide me with some screenshots and some details on this that I could show to the accessibility team to assess if we can fix this in the future?

Thanks,
    Andras

Hi,
    Install the Wave extension in Google Chrome and then look at your software locally, specifically the Filter plugin and you will find that all the tick boxes in the filter contain blank links which fail the test.

Thanks Kristin, I’ll flag that to our accessibility team and we’ll check it out.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” we’ll get back to you with any findings or info.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras