Hey there! We just shipped a quick maintenance release for The Events Calendar and it features additional compatibility with the WordPress block editor to make creating and editing events a little more polished and enjoyable.
Before we jump into the changelogs, it’s worth mentioning that this round of updates is a Maintenance Release. In other words, this is a smaller update between major updates and is mostly comprised of bug fixes, tweaks and small, but meaningful improvements. It should be safe to update without breaking changes, but we always suggest backing up your site as you would with any WordPress update.
- Feature – We added a Repository filter called where_meta_related_by_meta for getting a post by the meta value and associated post.
- Tweak – We have made some modifications to the Freemius code initialization to allow for better data around plugin uninstalls. This gives us a better picture of when and why The Events Calendar is uninstalled so we can continue to make it better and better for you and other folks.
- Tweak – We adjusted tooltip title styles to be more compatible with the WordPress Twenty Twenty theme.
- Fix – The cost field description no longer disappears when using the block editor.
- Fix – We resolved an issue so that the organizer field is no longer overriding the theme’s font when using the block editor.
- Fix – The venue block properly receives the correct HTML class now with the block editor.
- Fix – We’ve corrected a missing block issue when switching from block editor to classic editor.