Happy Holidays!! It has been a busy month at modern tribe events HQ. Eventbrite tickets is in beta and community events is making great headway. Events 2.0.2 is now live and work on 2.1 had begun!
We’d separated those into a 2.0.1 release (more urgent bugs) and 2.0.2 (still bugs but less urgent). There won’t be a 2.0.3, rather new bug reports will be worked on as part of 2.1.
Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.1:
Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:
- Added link to new user primer to the activation message.
- Added tribe_is_event_in_category conditional to plugin code base.
- Plugin now adds a default role when registering custom post types.
- Russian language files incorporated (free & PRO) from Mikhail Michouris
- Dutch translation files incorporated (free only) from Rick van Dalen
- Danish translation files incorporated (PRO only) from Christian Andersen
- Italian translation files incorporated (free & PRO) from Stefano Castelli
- Months will now show appropriate day count, instead of 31 days as they were previously.
- Custom recurring events previously not showing start AND end time (just start time); now are showing both.
- Hack to include events in your main loop no longer causes event link to vanish.
- Fixed issue of recurrence settings changing upon publication.
- Fixed other bug related to recurrence details showing incorrect date/time.
- General bugs with weekly recurrence have been squashed.
- Admin page should no longer hang when updating a recurring event.
- Breadcrumbs will now show the correct slug info on Thesis.
- Not entering a name for an organizer or venue doesn’t stop it from publishing, as it did previously.
- Admin events list now appears with soonest event at the top, not the bottom.
- Deleting instances of recurrence now works within individual entries.
- Unnamed venue/organizer now created when no venue or organizer name added.
- Featured image no longer overlaps the map on individual entries in the default 2011 theme.
- Custom recurrence events weren’t previously showing end time on the frontend; they will now.
- Comments box now appears on the default page template (was previously only on default events template).
- Minor change to line 1835 of the-events-calendar.class.php.
- Incorporated patch to include file name in permalink for users running the plugin on shared IIS servers.
- Changes to incorrect tag on lines 58, 60 & 62 in views/single.php.
- Next/Previous link in recurring & standalone events both work fine.
- General display tweaks to Calendar widget (wasn’t showing future events previously, and CSS was screwy)
- Renamed the dashboard Tribe newsfeed widget to conform with rebranding efforts.
- Worked to better display comments in Thesis & Genesis themes.
- General display bugs related to the WP 3.3 beta.
- Fixed general PHP notices that appeared with debug turned on in your wp-config file.