Howdy friends! The Events Calendar 5.1.1 features updates to our timezone settings, improves usability with the WordPress Customizer, and includes some fixes for our Event Aggregator service.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in this release:
- Feature – We have moved all the featured event icons to individual templates to make for easier customizing.
- Feature – We added a helper method Tribe__Plugins::is_active( ‘slug’ ) to check if a given plugin is active.
- Feature – We have added entry points through filters to be able to add content after the opening HTML tag or before the closing HTML tag.
- Tweak – The methods Tribe__Events__Main::get_i18n_strings_for_domains() and Tribe__Events__Main::get_i18n_strings() have now been deprecated. We now use the methods with the same name and signature provided by the tribe( ‘tec.18n’ ) object.
- Tweak – We added the new filter tribe_aggregator_manage_record_column_source_html to customize the source column content HTML used on the Event Aggregator Import “History” tab.
- Tweak – We have modified some language variables in order to improve translations readability for the navigation on updated calendar views, particularly for previous and next buttons. (Props to @justlevine!)
- Fix – Changes made in the WordPress Customizer now take effect properly without Events Calendar Pro activated.
- Fix – We resolved an issue where some users were unable to create events on initial install or plugin activation.
- Fix – We have adjusted our templates to show the timezone in event details when “Show timezone” is checked.
- Fix – We now ensure that the timezone information is correctly displayed after clicking the “Update Timezone Data” button.
- Fix – We now show the correct counts on the Event Aggregator Import “History” tab for non-Event content types being imported.
- Fix – We now prevent the creation of empty venues when removing a Venue inside of the Events using the Classic editor that has a U.S. state selected.
- Fix – Event Aggregator imported events when using a default status or categories from the Settings Page import correctly now.
- Fix – We have resolved an issue where the updated calendar views and WPML generated an incorrect URL address.
- Fix – We fixed a third-party PHP 7 compatibility issue when using func_get_args.
- Tweak – We have extended support for namespaced classes in the autoloader.
- Tweak – We now make the Customizer stylesheet enqueue filterable via tribe_customizer_inline_stylesheets.
- Tweak – We have normalized namespaced prefixes with a trailing backslash when registering them in the autoloader.
- Language – 2 new strings added, 243 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 1 obsoleted