We’re happy to announce several improvements to Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus in our latest maintenance release. The biggest change you’ll notice is that we’ve cleaned up the block editor options by limiting to only one RSVP and/or Ticket block per post.
And, if things feel a bit snappier when you’re creating new events, that’s because we added some tweaks that speed up the editing experience. With that comes an improved way to filter your attendees as well.
Maintenance Releases are smaller updates between major updates that are mostly comprised of bug fixes, tweaks, and small but meaningful improvements.
Here are all of the changes introduced in this release:
Event Tickets 4.10.6
- Feature – We have implemented a feature called Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) that’s already been in The Events Calendar and Event Tickets for some time. This adds a layer of abstraction that allows Ticket Attendees to be related or associated with other post types and data so that we replace some of the heavier data queries we make with lighter, more efficient ones that make the product snappier on both the front and back end.
- Fix – We now prevent multiple Ticket or RSVP blocks from being created in the block editor, limiting them to one instance of each per page or post.
- Fix – There are no longer issues with pagination in the REST API. We wound up making the way we cache pagination queries more comprehensive as well.
- Tweak – Attendees can now be queried by the provider. Here are some examples:
- Attendees by RSVP:
tribe_attendees( 'rsvp' )
- Attendees by Tribe Commerce:
tribe_attendees( 'tribe-commerce' )
- Plus other providers registered by Event Tickets Plus (e.g. WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads)
- Attendees by RSVP:
- Tweak – We added a slew of new filters that make querying attendees with tribe_attendees() a whole lot more flexible, including:
- security_code, security_code__not_in
- rsvp_status__or_none, provider
- Tweak – There’s a new no_or_none option for tribe_attendees(), which returns attendees by optout if they have not opted out of the RSVP or ticket, or if they have not provided their intention to attend.
- Tweak – It’s now possible to search attendees by user ID. We also removed the ability to search attendees by order status, purchase time, and ticket name to improve performance in the WordPress admin.
- Tweak – RSVP totals are now only displayed in the WordPress admin when an event, page or post has an RSVP form or if attendees are registered.
- Tweak – Added filters: tribe_tickets_attendees_list_limit_attendees
- Language – 6 new strings added, 82 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
Event Tickets Plus 4.10.5
- Tweak – We added the ability to query attendees by the provider. Event Tickets can query by RSVP and Tribe Commerce (see Event Tickets release notes), but Event Tickets Plus includes a couple of additional ones for the commerce providers it works with, including WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads:
tribe_attendees( 'woo' )
- Easy Digital Downloads:
tribe_attendees( 'edd' )
- Tweak – Added filters: tribe_tickets_plus_attendees_list_limit_attendees
- Language – 0 new strings added, 18 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
Not Updated in This Release
The following plugins have not been updated in this release and will remain at the version numbers specified here: