Hey there! We just shipped a quick maintenance release for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro and it features improvements to make our plugins more compatible with WordPress 5.3.
Before we jump into the changelogs, it’s worth mentioning that this round of updates is a Maintenance Release. In other words, this is a smaller update between major updates and is mostly comprised of bug fixes, tweaks and small, but meaningful improvements. It should be safe to update without breaking changes, but we always suggest backing up your site as you would with any WordPress update.
Now onto the changelogs!
The Events Calendar 4.9.12
- Fix – We resolved an issue that prevented the Block Editor from saving the date and time of an event correctly in WordPress 5.3.
- Tweak – We have added the tribe_get_query_var function, which fixed an error where the [tribe_events] shortcode was freezing up.
- Tweak – We have added tribe_get_the_content() and tribe_the_content() to improve PHP 7.2 compatibility with WordPress 5.2.
- Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/tribe.common4.9.21/
- Language – 21 new strings added, 162 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
Events Calendar PRO 4.7.10
- Tweak – We are no longer using the date_default_timezone_set function after WordPress 5.3 discouraged its usage in any plugins or themes. This also happens to improve issues that some users have experienced with timezones.
- Language – 0 new strings added, 4 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
Not Updated This Release
The following plugins have not been updated this release and will remain at the version numbers specified here: