Once you have Virtual Events installed on your website, you can connect to your Google Meet account and easily add links to your Google Meet meetings to your virtual and hybrid events.
Connecting your Google Meet account
- Navigate to Events → Settings → Integrations from the WordPress dashboard.
- Find the Google section and click Sign in with Google.
- You may see a temporary warning that “Google hasn’t verified this app”, so click Advanced to bypass this, if you see that option, or Go to theeventscalendar.com (unsafe).
- You will be redirected to Google, where you can log in or create an account.
- Make sure to give access to View and Edit Events on calendars and to See and Download any calendar if prompted to do so.
- From there, you can go back to your site and see that it says Refresh Connection, which means that you are already connected.
- Start automatically generating new Google Meet links and adding your pre-existing Google Meet meetings!
Creating Google Meet meetings
Now that you are connected to Google Meet, you can automatically generate new meetings directly from the WordPress Dashboard. Simply head over to Add Event, and scroll down to Configure Virtual Event. You’ll now see the Google Meet option available in the Add Video dropdown menu.
Once you select your Google Meet account, you can click Create to generate a new Google Meet link to display on your WordPress site.
Add preexisting Google Meet meetings
Once you connect to your Google Meet account, you can add your preexisting Google Meet links to your event pages.
- First, create a new event.
- Fill in the normal event details.
- Publish it or save it.
- Create a Google Meet in your personal calendar.
- Click on the event in Google Calendar, click on the three dots to reveal the URL, and publish the event.
- Copy the URL.
- In order to see the full URL similar to the one in the screenshot below, you may have to click on the event after you’ve created it, and click the Pencil icon to edit.
- Click on Configure Virtual Event.
- Paste the full Google Calendar event URL in the Video URL field and click on Find.