What you'll learn
The Events Calendar plugins are a designer’s playground. We build our products to look beautiful right out of the box, but they’re also fully customizable to seamlessly match your site’s look and feel. This guide explains how to put your personal mark on your calendar.
Display Settings Overview
This section provides a detailed overview of the different settings included in the Display section of the plugin settings. Knowing the available settings and how to use them gives you a ton of flexibility to modify the appearance of the calendar.
Styles are the “look and feel” of the calendar and events. We’re talking about colors, fonts, sizes, and spacing among others. This often involves customizing the CSS of the calendar or the theme that uses it. Because both the calendar and themes have their own CSS, it’s totally possible that those styles will conflict with each other and cause the appearance of the calendar to look different than expected. In this section, we’ll look at different options to modify CSS — both and the plugin and theme level — in a safe way that gives you lots of flexibility to adjust things exactly as you want.
The Events Calendar is an organized collection of templates that combine to create the calendar you see on your site. Each template can be “overridden” by making a copy of it in your own theme. That gives you access to the plugin’s code and the ability to edit it any way you see fit. And when you override a plugin template file in your theme, it effectively saves a “copy” of that template so that the next time the plugin updates, your copy and the edits in it are preserved. This section will help you identify the different template files in each plugin, and examples of how to create a template override.
- Customizing Template Files
- Template Customization Example
- Custom Templates for Calendar Views
- Using Template Management Filters
- Using Template Filters and Actions
- The Events Calendar Template Files
- Events Calendar Pro Template Files
- Ticket & RSVP Template Files
- Attendee Registration Templates
- Community Events & Tickets Template Files
- Filter Bar Template Files
- Eventbrite Tickets Template Files
Tutorials & Examples
Sometimes it helps to have a visual. We’ve put together a collection of tutorials for customizing specific pieces of the calendar to give you an idea of how to create your own customizations.
- Customizing the Calendar Header and Events Bar
- Customizing Mobile Styles
- Adding a Featured Image to the Event List Widget
- Altering and Removing Calendar Page Titles
- Change the Order of Displayed Tickets
- Remove the Event End Time in Views
- Add Start to the Event Title in Month View
- Add category prefix to event titles
- Change the Featured Image in Photo View