Support isn’t the only role we’re looking to fill at Modern Tribe: our Quality team is also growing. We work across a variety of projects from small plugins to huge multisite networks, and hope to work with someone who has a keen attention to detail and finds nothing greater in life than proposing meaningful solutions to the problems they encounter.
Your role on the Quality team involves a number of jobs, including:
- Testing plugins (like our primary plugin The Events Calendar) and websites (from clients including Harvard Law School, Urban Movie Channel and more) for bugs/usability concerns
- Writing detailed test plans and establishing QA strategies for projects
- Filing comprehensive bug reports based on issues you’ve uncovered or that have been reported by the community
- Coordinating with clients and customers to understand how a project/product will serve them, and evaluating it from their perspective
- Working with developers, designers, project managers and support to communicate problems effectively and quickly
Most of the work we do involves WordPress, so a strong familiarity with WordPress core is a must. Prior experience building or QA testing on WordPress plugins is a bonus.
Other requirements for the role:
- This is a freelance gig, not a full time job. As a result you need to be a full-time, independent contractor: you maintain your own personal client list and Modern Tribe will only comprise a portion of your total income (sorry, but this position is not for someone with a full-time job looking for extra work)
- A strong command of the English language, both written + spoken
- A reliable, fast Internet connection
- An attention to detail and organization
- Experience working + communicating remotely with a distributed team
- A functional local dev environment and a basic command of version control (we use Git!)
- The flexibility to attend QA meetings and project scrums as needed, which generally take place during business hours in PST or EST
- (BONUS) A proven track record implementing or running automated quality efforts on WordPress plugins or themes
- (BONUS) Code samples that demonstrate technical abilities — plugins, snippets or anything else our devs can review to get a sense of your experience
We’re looking for someone who can commit to 10-15 hours a week. Rate starts at $25-$35/hr depending on experience. Candidates located outside of the United States are welcome to apply, but must be able to commit to at least a few hours a day overlap with the rest of their project team.
You can apply at our website on the Join the Tribe page. Make sure to select “Quality Assurance” as your primary interest! We’re excited to hear from you.