Update as of July 20th, 2015 – this gig has currently been filled but if you would still like to fill out our form and submit your information for the next time an opportunity opens up please do!
We’re looking for a talented freelance project manager in North America…ideally one who has WordPress experience. If you’re interested in the prospect, read on!
If you are drawn to order like a moth to a flame, then drop us a line. If you like making lists and seeing a team member make progress because you set them up to succeed, then you are perfect for this gig.
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work exclusively with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- Happy: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- Helpful: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- Curious: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- Accountable: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range.
You’re primary responsibilities will be to help the managing partners free up time. Specifically, you will nurture the state of organization in the projects that you manage. To do this, you will need to:
- Manage scope, timeline and budget execution
- Manage expectations for everyone on a project including the team, the account managers, and the customer
- Review team hours
- Review budget
- Set up and maintain tickets in the management system
- Manage collection of assets and information from the customer
- Meeting prep, agenda, and followup
- Produce weekly and monthly summary reports
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Full Time freelancers only!
- Several years of experience working as a PM on a distributed web design / dev team
Additional Experience a Plus
- Experience with WordPress
- Technical experience as a front end or back end developer
- Experience with Enterprise level web development projects
- Design experience
We believe that freelancing is a way of life. We understand what it means to be a freelancer. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
You should apply at our Join the Tribe page. BEFORE APPLYING, please read the job post carefully. So many people seem to apply without actually reading it.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if your timezone is outside of the US range.
Please apply via our application form. Make sure to include the following:
- A quick and personal intro
- Briefly describe your preferred management style (waterfall, agile, etc)
- Briefly describe what ‘accountability’ means to you and how you enforce it as a PM
- Please include a couple of references
We look forward to hearing from you!