We’ve been hard at work on The Events Calendar 3.0 these past few weeks, but up until now the only eyes that have seen what’s in store have been our own. As of today, however, we’re far enough that it’s time to introduce this puppy to the community. That’s why we’re announcing our next usability test — focused exclusively on Events 3.0 — has been scheduled for Thursday, 11/15. This is the first announcement of that UX test and serves as an official call for volunteer participants. As it stands we’ve got all three slots open:
- 8:30am-9:30am PT
- 9:30am-10:30am PT
- 10:30am-11:30am PT
What exactly will we be focused on? We’ll provide specifics to confirmed participants in an email once the details are finalized, but this test will be heavily centered on frontend experience: new/updated views, features like geolocation or our skeleton stylesheet, and/or a couple of fresh widgets. As usual we’ll be asking participants to provide feedback as to what works, what doesn’t and what they found confusing during our real-time Skype chat.
If you’re interested in participating, please make sure you meet the base requirements (and confirm as much when requesting one of the open slots):
- Adults over the age of 18. Sorry, but no children will be able to participate.
- English-speaking. Either English is your first language or a strong, clear command of it.
- On a fast internet connection. This one is important — we’re going to be doing screensharing and other actions that will not work on a slow network.
- In a quiet place. We realize a lot of folks work out of coffee shops, but you’ll need to be someplace where there isn’t an ambient or otherwise distracting sound.
- Some basic experience with The Events Calendar (ideal, but not required). We would really prefer to have testers who have played around with The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0 and are familiar with the current architecture; these users will provide more value as to the changes based on their experience so far.
Remember that any participant will be given a free license for Events Calendar PRO or the add-on of their choice, as our way of saying “Thank you.” If you’re still interested, are available during one of the defined slots and meet the criteria…send us an email with a little bit of information about yourself and why you’d like to participate.